Am I forgetting something?
“Don’t forget your smile, Andria…that doesn’t weigh much.”
Looks like I’ve got everything I’ll need for a month long trip to SE Asia…yet I always have the feeling that I’m forgetting something.
This trip started out as just a distant thought. Two girls sitting on the sofa late at night dreaming about exploring the world. So right then and there, Andria and I made a decision. No booking any weddings or shoots for the month of November…“Let’s make a promise. No matter how cool the inquiry…let’s set this month aside for us to explore this beautiful world.” And so we kept our promise.
And now here we are…packing up our backpacks, checking off our to-do/don’t-forget lists, saying our goodbyes for an experience of a lifetime. If you would have asked me two years ago if I thought I would be going on a trip as amazing as this…I would have laughed and said, “Yea right, I wish!” All I can say is…God is so good. I am truly so blessed to have this opportunity…and the fact that I get to experience it with one my best friends? C’mon now, that’s just crazy.
I’m excited for so many things during this trip! Wanna know what they are? Well, read on then…
I’m excited to be present.
to experience different cultures.
to eat amazing food.
to shares belly-aching laughs.
to feel the sun on my skin.
to not do my hair or wear make-up.
to get lost.
to take photos for myself.
to get lots and lots of massages.
to spend quality time with a wonderful person.
oh and did I mention…to eat amazing food?!
I’m nervous. I’m excited. I’m giddy. I’m just…ready. Ready to get out of Seattle and just go on a adventure.
With everything I need on my back, no scheduled agenda, and my bestie by my side…I’d say we are going to have one hell of a time.
A FEW UPDATES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
I do plan on trying to be in present while I am traveling, but also realize the reality of still having responsibilities with my business.
- To all of my current clients: Your photos will still be worked on…no worries!
- To all new inquiries: You are very important to be and I will try my hardest to reply to you as quickly as possible. Please know that it won’t be immediate because I have no idea what kind of internet we will find.
- To all my blog readers: Be sure to check in every now and then…I’m hoping to share some photos throughout our trip! Also…I’ll be blogging one of my favorite weddings this week. (NY WEDDING, what whaaat!!)
- To all the newly engaged brides: There is a certain contest that is being revealed soon. Stay tuned…
- To everyone else: Please send your positive thoughts and prayers our way as we go on this adventure! Please pray for our safety and that we have the experience of a lifetime. Specific prayers requests for me is that I find rest. That I come back rejuvenated, inspired, and closer to God. Please pray that I discover things about myself and that I grow. The last request is that you pray that God shows me where I can help those in need along the way…that I don’t focus purely on my own selfish desires for the trip.
Love you all. Until next time Seattle…