I have a love/hate relationship with blogging.
Mostly love because I get to share awesome couples like Sara & Chris with you all. But I constantly have fun ideas, concepts, images, stories, or just things I’m loving that I want to share with you all…but the time is takes to BLOG it all drives me crazy. It seems like it would be a real simple thing. I’m sure there are things I could be doing to speed up the process, but I just take forever. That is just the reality of it.
But here’s the truth…
I have so many weddings and personal projects from the 2013 year that I am DYING to share on the blog, but there are two real reasons why they haven’t been shared yet. First reason is that I got so behind last year…I couldn’t keep up with the blogging like I had hoped. Second reason is that I was reallllllly wanting to wait and share the remainder of 2013 weddings/shoots/projects on my new website/blog. Obviously this rebranding project is taking waaaay longer than expected so there’s a new plan in place. I’m going to start blogging weddings as soon as I finish editing them, let’s be honest here…it’s just more fun that way. I will still be blogging the stuff from 2013 so hold tight with me.
I really could not have asked for a better wedding to kick off the 2014 year with. Sara and Chris were a dream couple to work with. Not only are they total hotties, but they have got to be…hands down…the sweetest couple. Ever. They are the couple who truly are *hopeless romantics* to their core…and they really don’t care who knows it. I love that about them. Any guy out there who needs tips/advice on how to be the perfect gentleman…let me know and I’ll connect you with Chris. No joke. And if any ladies out there need to know how to add that *WOW* factor to your wedding…let me know and I’ll connect you with Sara (wait until you see her dress!). Just being around Sara makes you smile, that girls happiness is so contagious. Not only did these two pull off a perfect black tie wedding, they were able to incorporate English traditions right here in Seattle. It was so fitting seeing as Chris is from England and had many friends and family members travel all the way over here to witness these two lovebirds say “I do”.
Best things about this wedding day:
- Sara’s 2-in-1 surprise dress. 9 layers of tulle & 3 layers of organza take away skirt. Literally over 6,000 inches of fabric. Need I say more?
- Impromptu dance party tunnel in the freezing cold during wedding party photos.
- Groomsmen representing their home country by posing in their boxer briefs. You heard that right ladies…scroll down.
- Sara’s sister made a surprise appearance walking down the isle with her new baby girl. Literally born the DAY BEFORE the wedding!
- Got to photograph these two in the pitch black of night…with only the street lights shining down on us.
- The fanciest wedding I’ve ever been to.
- I had Meghan from Float Away Studios by my side helping me out.
But most importantly, two people madly in love started their forever.
Longest post ever, but I don’t care. Happy Monday.
Time for the SECOND “First-Look”! Chris had no idea this dress was underneath everything!